Short description of the project:
The purpose of the Uptextile program is to improve the efficiency of resources in the textile industry throughout the whole value chain (production, use, processing, distribution) and consequently the improvement of national policies in the implementation of separate collection, prevention, reuse , processing and recycling, via information and awareness-raising actions towards various social groups (students, citizens and stakeholders), as well as actions of sorting and utilization of textiles at source.
The actions of the project are reflected in 5 action packages:
- Project management, monitoring of results & preparation of progress reports,
- Education & Awareness-raising initiatives, information videos, production of educational material,
organization of 2 bazaars and THE UpTextile Fashion event,
- Pilot actions in the Municipality of Lykovrysi-Pefki – Installation of 5 special bins for separate collection
of textiles in Primary schools, placement of 5 special bins for separate collection of textiles in the region
of Iliako Chorio, implementation of a pilot application,
- Preparation and implementation of two dynamic workshops – living labs for textile management,
“upcycling” events, drafting of a policy paper
- Publicity events, capitalization of results and final conference.